This quick microwave recipe is ideal for making tasty chocolate cobnuts, to be eaten on their own or as an addition to a desert.
1. First Dehusk and Deshell your Cobnuts (This is one of the most time consuming steps!)
2. Take the Dehusked and Deshelled cobnuts and place them in a microwavable bowl.
3. Then microwave for approximately 3 minutes
This step may require an element of experimentation as different nuts have different levels of moisture content.
The nuts will harden when cooling so allow time to determine if more microwave time is required.
The microwaved nuts should be firm to the touch and not overly soft. Place soft nuts back into the microwave. Try to avoid over cooking as the middle of the nut may start to burn.
4. Then in another bowl place cubes of Dark or Milk Chocolate.
5. Then place the chocolate into the microwave for around 2-3 minutes (more if required)
6. Take your bowl of melted chocolate and smother the bowl of roasted cobnuts with chocolate.
7. When each individual cobnut has a good coating of chocolate pick them out with a spoon and place on tin foil to cool.
8. Leave to cool and then place in fridge. They are best left in the fridge for a day to allow the chocolate to firmly set.
9. You can now enjoy your chocolate smothered cobnuts on their own or as an addition to a desert. We recommend raspberries and ice cream. You can even place the chocolate cobnuts into raspberries!