Roughway Originals: Cobnut crusted goat’s cheese
An original recipe made from our own tasty produce
Nuts and cheese are a classic combination but there is something about the sharpness of goat’s cheese which works particularly well with sweet cobnuts. In this scrumptious cobnut recipe we put together a delicious kent cobnut breadcrumb mix that transforms the cheese to make an irresistible starter.
- 1 small goats cheese round (around 100g)
- 25g chopped cobnuts – rough chopped and untoasted
- Few leaves of fresh thyme – stalks removed
- Small handful breadcrumbs – fresh or dried like Panko
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt and tiny drop of cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/Gas 5
- Slice the goats cheese horizontally across the middle into two.
- Mix the chopped nuts, breadcrumbs, and thyme leaves in a bowl
- Dip the slices of cheese first into the beaten egg and then roll into the crumb/nut mix until covered on all sides.
- Bake on a lined tray in a hot oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden and the goats cheese is beginning to visibly soften/run.
- Serve with a leaf salad with beetroot and tangy dressing.
Roughway Farm Originals have been made in collaboration with Julie Friend, BBC MasterChef Winner 1997. Find out more in our video below!