Roughway Originals: Creamed mushrooms with fresh cobnuts
An original recipe made from our own tasty produce
This is such a lovely dish to have for breakfast or for a light lunch. The earthy flavour of chestnut mushrooms works so well with the fresh kent cobnuts, which also add a wonderful crunch. Be careful not to overdo the sage as this can give a somewhat medicinal flavour if too much is used.
• 250g Chestnut mushrooms
• 100g fresh cobnuts, shelled and halved lengthwise
• 100ml crème fraiche
• Good splash of white wine (approx..4 tablespoons)
• 3 leaves of sage, finely sliced
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Pinch of paprika
• Grated parmesan (optional)
• Sourdough toast to serve
- Add the butter and oil to a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted and starts to bubble slightly, add the mushrooms.
- Allow to cook until softened and a little coloured.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cobnuts and wine to the pan and let the wine evaporate.
- Add the crème fraiche, sage and paprika.
- Keep stirring until well combined and a creamy consistency.
- Add a little grated Parmesan if using.
- Serve immediately on warm sourdough toast.
Roughway Farm Originals have been made in collaboration with Julie Friend, BBC MasterChef Winner 1997. Find out more in our video below!